May 10-13, 2018
These are the events we have planned so far, things may be added or adjusted as needed.
Thursday, May 10
• Registration and Check-In begins at host hotel, at 5 pm in the Hospitality Suite
• Optional afternoon run.
• Happy Hour mixer at the “Wolf’s Lair” in the hotel, all are invited. Snacks, drinks, and mingling.
Friday, May 11
• Registration open at 7 am, at the Hospitality Suite.
• Twisty drive to Deer Park Winery and Auto Museum. All paid registrants will receive an admission to the fabulous Museum, full of cars and collectibles.
• MINI Car Show at the Deer Park Winery from 11am to 1pm, with many classes and trophies for each class. A food truck will be available.
• Open afternoon to visit the Auto Museum or take a twisty run with us back to the host hotel.
• Friday evening is open to explore Old Town San Diego. The hotel will run shuttles, so that you don’t need to find parking, and you can have a few drinks. We’ve scouted some places that we recommend, so wear your name badges and look for other Mini friends!
Saturday, May 12
• Drivers meeting in the morning, at the hotel, with pastries and coffee. Registration will be open at the Drivers meeting.
• A longer back country fun run in two groups driving different routes with a meet-up at the Menghini Winery, where we will pause for lunch.
An optional lunch served by the winery includes a grilled Polish sausage with all the fixings, and a drink – $10 per person. This scrumptious lunch MUST be paid for by May 1st, so that the winery has enough food ordered (no sign ups accepted after May 1st, or onsite). Anyone not wanting the optional lunch can instead drive to nearby Julian, where there are restaurants and cafes (note that there are no fast-food places near Julian, and restaurant/cafe waits can be long). Or, plan ahead, bring your own lunch, and eat with the group.
After lunch, each run group will follow different routes back to the host hotel.
• Optional evening buffet at Dave & Busters. The buffet, $36/person, includes some game credits. We’ll have a lively raffle and present the Car Show trophies. The hotel will run shuttles to and from Dave & Busters.
Sunday, May 13
• Coastal run up to Mount Soledad (a favorite spot for viewing), ending at Bella Terra café in La Jolla. Farewells.